Sunday, June 7, 2009

Somewhere along the way, I developed a desire to write. Where the desire came from or why I didn't consider but something in me wanted to write. Write what?! I remember flipping through the clean white pages of a new school notebook and imagining those pages filled with words - stories, poems, personal struggles, things that I didn't want to forget. So I did what any 10 year old young lady might do. I asked for a diary for Christmas and joyfully began to write a special memory each day.

At first it was noteworthy statements like "I made 100 on a English test today" or "My cousin came to visit." One day I wrote "My grandmother died today" followed two days later by "My grandmother was buried today." That entry still stirs emotion in my heart.
By the time I was in high school, I was pouring my heart onto the pages as if my diary was a close friend. Heart-rending relationships with guys, arguments with my girlfriends, all the ups and downs of teenage life - Well, you get the idea.

Then came high school graduation followed by marriage and life happened. Unlike many of my high school friends, I had no desire to go to college. Every life has a calling, something that you are specifically designed to do. I found that calling in motherhood. My children came along, one at a time, and I began the journey of being a Mom to 3 of the most precious children.

A journey requires a journal to record every special moment, every lesson learned, every heartache. Over the past 35 years I've filled the white pages of many notebooks with my heartaches and joys, problems and prayers. These journals help me see the hand of my Lord at work in my life and hopefully they will also serve as a legacy to my children and grandchildren.

That brings me to today. Enter the 21st century and a thing called a blog. Me? Do a blog? I've no training in journalism but from what I have read of other blogs, no training necessary. It's good at my age to begin a new adventure. Right? Right!

1 comment:

  1. Life is crazy mom! Life does seem to go by fast! I am so thankful to have an awesome mom like You! and an awesome father like dad! yall have taught me so much. Most importantly yall taught me about Jesus and what he has done for me! I cant wait to see what you continue to write on this blog! I love you!

    ReplyDelete